HME – Mechanical and Civil Engineering – Townsville and North Queensland.
Clients consist of mines, industries, refineries, engineering workshops, manufacturers, government and private companies. 95% of business is from long term regular clientele. Site visits and follow up on work in progress characterize the practice.
HME Consulting Engineers is a small, diversified, dynamic and versatile company. Director, Colin Hooper has a “hands on “consultancy practice.
Projects by HME
- Mine work – Designs, Certifications
- Marine work – Ship loaders, Jetty’s
- Crane major inspections to AS2550
- Testing, Repairing, Rebuilding
- Pressure Vessels include Hypabaric
Work Covered by HME
- Conveyor design, Mass flow bin design
- Retaining wall design
- Tailings dam and spillway design
- Tank design to API
- Pipeline design
- Project Works
TOWNSVILLE engineer and author Colin Hooper has a deep and abiding interest in mining history and has written the best-selling Angor to Zillmanton and more recently North Queensland’s Deserted Towns Chillagoe-Hodgkinson. No surprise then that when the producers of Beneath Hill 60 wanted someone to help design their World War I trenches they sought Col’s advice. His job was to ensure the trenches met Workplace Health and Safety requirements and at the same time looked like World War I trenches.
– Tough in trenches (Townsville Bulletin)